Aqua Gentle / Natal
- A gentle aquarobics class designed specifically for pre and post natal women and seniors.
- Also good for people recovering from surgery,
- experiencing joint or mobility issues,
- those new to exercise,
- or participants returning after a extended time out.
- Numbers are limited to provide more space for each participant (after all we have babies on board!)
- Pre natal women are welcome to bring a support person to class with them – friend, mum, aunty etc
- Exercise at your own pace with great music and a friendly atmosphere.
Don’t be fooled by the name, you will still get a great workout in this class, but at a pace that is suited to the people it is designed for.
As this is a class designed for specific needs, please attend one of our timetabled Aqua Fit or Aqua Deep classes if you do not fall into any of the categories above.
BENEFITS OF AQUAROBICS DURING PREGNANCY
- Exercise is low intensity, so you can attend as many times a week as suits you, when suits you.
- Studies have proven that women who do Aquarobics throughout their pregnancy need less pain relieving medication during childbirth.
- You will feel light, even weightless in the water. This will ease the weight of the baby on your body, and ease back aches and pains.
- Less strain on your bones and joints compared to land based exercise.
- Helps prevent spider veins.
- Aquarobics helps you relax and remain calm during pregnancy, relieves anxiety, and promotes a good nights sleep.
- Women who did Aquarobics in pregnancy were found to have easier deliveries and quicker post birth recovery
POSTNATAL BENEFITS OF AQUAROBICS
- Aqua Fit, Aqua Gentle & Aqua Deep recommended for postnatal women
- Helps you to regain your pre-baby figure and lose weight.
- Relieves aches and pains, and improves circulation.
- Improves physical strength and stamina, and provides energy to help you care for your new baby.
- Exercise is important to lift mood and help combat general tiredness and postnatal depression.
- Provides much needed time out for Mums.
Benefits of Aqua Exercise during pregnancy – fact sheet
“Whether a first time or more experienced Mum, everyone can benefit from Aquarobic exercise during pregnancy. It’s a special time just for Mums and their friends to exercise, meet other Mums to be, and chat all things pregnancy related. We often see long term friendships being forged, and a great sense of camaraderie and understanding between participants. It’s a great way to bond with baby and have time out from our busy lives, while also looking after your health and fitness – plus it’s fun!”. Julie, Aquarobics instructor.
COVID SAFE PROCEDURES FOR AQUAROBICS:
• Class sizes are currently limited to 20 participants.
• All bookings are first come, first served.
• All participants are required to sign and provide name and contact number for record keeping purposes as required by the NSW Government.
• Sign in at reception opens 30 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin.
• We ask all participants to arrive changed, and leave the centre in a robe or track suit if possible after class. Changerooms and toilets will be in operation, however we have a responsibility to avoid crowding and maintain social distancing in accordance with government guidelines and our COVID SAFE plan for the venue.
• Join our NAC AQUA group on Facebook for more information. Not a member of the NAC AQUA group? Join HERE
• Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
|Day||Start Time||Class Type & Instructor|
|ALL CLASSES ARE |
1 HOUR IN DURATION
EXCEPT 45 MIN EXPRESS CLASSES
|Monday pm||12.30 |
|Aqua Fit / Brooke
Aqua Gentle/Natal /Brooke
Aqua Fit / Rhiannon
|Tuesday am||9.30||Aqua Deep / Brooke
|Tuesday pm||6.45 |
7.45 - 45mins EXPRESS
|Aqua Fit / Kimberly
Aqua Deep Express / Kimberly
7.45 - 45 mins express
|Aqua Fit / Karen
Aqua Gentle / Natal / Tania
Aqua Fit Express / Tania
|Thursday pm||6.45||Aqua Fit / Kimberley|
|Aqua Fit / Julie
Aqua Gentle / Natal / Julie
|Saturday am||9.30||Aqua Deep / Brooke|
NEPEAN AQUATIC CENTRE
PHONE 4730 8900
16-19 Lambridge Pl, Penrith