3 January 2021: Welcome back, it’s been great to see you all back at swimming!
We have been monitoring the NSW Health website for more detail around the announcements made on 2nd January regarding mandatory mask wearing, and wanted to clarify that under the current Public Health Order (COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings), the wearing of masks at our facilities is not mandatory for staff or customers, but please feel free to wear a mask in our facility if you wish to do so.
We will continue to monitor any advice from NSW Health and update you with any changes. Stay safe, and see you soon at the pool!
COVID SAFE FAQ’S: HERE
Nepean Aquatic Centre
COVID Safe Terms and Conditions of entry
• We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who is displaying cold or flu like symptoms.
• We reserve the right to ask any customer to exit the water if they are displaying cold or flu like symptoms.
• Please use hand sanitizer provided in the entry foyer
• Customers must comply with social distancing measures we have put into place for seating. Members of the same family can sit together.
• Customers must respect the rights of other customers with regards to social distancing both on pool deck and whilst using the pool.
• Our staff reserve the right to ask customers to practise social distancing.
• Our staff reserve the right to direct swimmers to move lanes in order to manage social distancing.
• Showers and amenities are open. Signs are posted at the entry to the amenities displaying the limit of patrons allowed in the amenities based on the Health Departments 1 person per 4 square metres rule.
• Customers are encouraged to shower at home wherever possible.
• To assist with social distancing, Entry for Learn to swim customers is limited to one parent per student. We request that swimmers in our swim 4 fitness classes and swimming squads attend their sessions without a parent present in the centre.
• All customers are encouraged to download the Federal Government’s COVIDSafe App.
• Based on the Health Department’s 1 person per 4 square metre rule, we have calculated the maximum capacity in each area to be as follows:
o Entry foyer (51sqm – 12 people)
o Reception area (staff) (48sqm – 12 people)
o Learn to Swim Pool Hall (360sqm – 90 people)
o Learn to swim pool (in water) (156sqm – 39 people)
o Lap pool hall (838sqm – 209 people)
o Lap pool (in water) (450sqm – 112 people)
o Parents room (36.5sqm – 9 people)
o Upstairs training room (246sqm – 61 people)
o Male Amenities (46sqm – 11 people)
o Female Amenities (46sqm – 11 people)