Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions – LTS Payment & Cancellation Policies as at 17th September 2018.
1. A booking fee of $13.00 is payable for each new or returning student when enrolling into the Learn to Swim program. The booking fee will be capped at 2 current bookings. The booking fee is non-refundable.
2. Once a booking has been made we do not accept deferred start dates. If you are unable to start at the time you requested you will have to pay for the missed lesson but you will have the opportunity to do a makeup lesson as per our Cancelation Policy.
3. All lesson fees are due and payable within the first week of each month unless you have made prior arrangements with management. Those customers on direct debit will have their fees debited on the 3rd of the month. If you have not been attending classes and have not made payment you will be requested to make payment to retain your spot in the program.
4. If your monthly fees exceed $100.00 you have the option to pay 50% of the amount due in week one and the balance in week three. Not available for direct debit customers. This payment method will cease on 28th February 2019 with the introduction of direct debit for all customers.
5. If you attend lessons and are unable to pay the full amount owing for the month you will be required to pay for that day’s lesson as a minimum. If you are unable to pay for that day’s lesson we reserve the right to refuse you entry. If you do not pay the balance of your fees due at your next visit of the month, we reserve the right to refuse you entry and cancel your booking.
6. If at any time you are refused a swimming lesson due to unpaid fees, you will be given the opportunity to do a makeup lesson once your fees have been paid in full.
7. From the 1st October 2018 all new lesson bookings are to be paid by direct debit from your nominated bank account or credit card. From the 1st March 2019 all remaining lesson payments are to be changed to direct debit.
8. Direct debit amounts are generated on the last day of the month for the next month. The additional fees and credits on your account are generated at the same time as the fees are calculated. The new month’s fees, including any adjustments, are calculated on the 2nd of the month for debiting on the 3rd.
9. Your bookings are permanent and you retain your position in the program until we are notified to the contrary. If you are wanting to leave the program, it is your responsibility to permanently cancel your bookings before the end of the current month. Once fees are generated you’re booked in for the new month and must pay the fees owing. Requests for permanent cancelation can be sent to email@example.com.
10. No refunds on swimming lessons. No refunds for change of mind or late permanent cancelation notifications.
11. We accept cash, cheques, EFTPOS, and credit cards (except American Express) both in person and over the phone. We can also arrange a direct debit to your nominated bank account or credit card. We also accept payment in advance for lessons, at reception and over the phone, the balance of your account is then direct debited as detailed above.
1. If you miss a lesson the opportunity exists to do a make up lesson (excludes Achievers Program students) whilst you have a current booking in the program with no outstanding fees. You have until the end of the following month to do a make up lesson. (e.g. if you miss a lesson during March you have until the end of April to do a make up lesson). If a make up lesson is not completed by the end of the following month, that make up lesson will be forfeited. If you cancel your lessons you will forfeit any make up lessons owing.
2. If a class cannot be attended due to a disruption to lessons caused by pool closures, emergencies, power outages, etc. that are deemed to have been the company’s responsibility then the customer is entitled to a makeup lesson for each missed lesson. Normal conditions apply to the makeup lesson. Achievers Program customers are entitled to a credit due to there being no opportunity for them to do makeup lessons.
3. A non-refundable booking fee of $0.70 applies to all make up lessons, whether or not they are attended.
4. Make up lessons can be done at any time other than during your regular lesson.
5. Make up lessons can be done at either pool regardless of where you attend your regular class.
6. Siblings can do make up lessons for other siblings provided they are booked into the program.
7. Make up lessons can be done in advance. (e.g. if you know you will be away next week you can do the makeup lesson before hand).
8. Depending upon vacancies we may not be able to schedule a makeup lesson for your preferred day or time or with your preferred teacher.
9. We reserve the right to reschedule your makeup lesson should that spot be required for a permanent booking.
10. Make up lessons can only be booked a maximum of one week in advance.
* These policies are subject to change at any time.
Terms & Conditions – LTS Enrolment Form:
It is a condition of entry to establishments operated by Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd that you agree to abide by the rules of entry and have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions and Payment & Cancelation Policies. Also you must abide by all warning notices that are displayed at our facilities.
A $5.00 replacement fee will apply to any lost or damaged membership cards.
All children must be supervised at all times by an adult whilst visiting our facilities.
Non toilet trained toddlers must wear an aqua nappy or similar whilst they are in the water. If an accident does occur or if a child is sick the parent / guardian of the child is responsible for cleaning up any such accidents.
Glass bottles and containers are not to be brought into the pool area and please use the rubbish bins provided.
In case of an emergency, please follow the instructions from one of our staff. Please note your nearest exit.
Please ensure that all valuables are secured. We accept no responsibility for any loss. Motor vehicles are parked at your own risk whilst visiting our facilities.
Absolutely no running anywhere within the centres. Exercise caution when walking in all wet areas.
Children not involved in a lesson or organized session are not permitted to be in the water, including on stairs, ramps and ledges. Also do not place children attending swimming lessons in the water until the scheduled start of your lesson and only when the instructor is in the water and finished with the children from the previous class.
If you, your child or other person who is in your care or control has a medical condition which may involve increased risk by being engaged in swimming or associated activity including but not limited to illness or conditions such as epilepsy, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes or pregnancy that a medical clearance be obtained by the entrant that it is safe to involve themselves in this recreational activity, and that the applicant has sought that advice and has approved your involvement in this recreational activity.
A condition of entry to our facilities requires that the entrant recognises that there are risks involved and associated with swimming and water related activities and that Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd, its servants and/or agents shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or occasioned by yourself, your children or those persons in your care and control as a consequence of entry upon our premises and/or the use of any facilities, equipment or programs within our premises or adjacent areas. This disclaimer of liability extends to Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd, its servants and/or agents to the extent permitted by law.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Any changes will be displayed in a notice at reception.
Terms & Conditions – Conditions of Entry:
Risk and Responsibility:
You must only swim where you are medically and physically fit and able to swim.
In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines all children under 6 years and non swimmers are to be within arm’s reach of the supervising adult at all times.
In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines, any child under the age of 10 years will not be permitted entry to the pool without the continuous supervision of a responsible person over the age of 16 years.
Pool Staff are an important safety feature, but they cannot and do not replace the close supervision of a parent or guardian.
During certain sessions, Nepean Aquatic Centre and Eva Bory’s Swim Centre will operate under Royal Life Saving Society’s “low patronage guidelines”. There will be no roving lifeguards on duty during these “low patronage” sessions.
Prohibited Use / Items:
No bottles, glassware or metal utensils are to be brought into the pool area.
No alcohol or drugs or persons suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are permitted on the premises.
No bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc are to be ridden in pool grounds. No pets are permitted in the centre, with the exception of guide dogs.
Only persons approved by the centre are permitted to conduct swimming lessons, coaching sessions, hydrotherapy sessions, personal training sessions or any other aquatic or land based activities deemed to be in direct competition to sessions or activities offered by Nepean Aquatic Centre and Eva Bory’s Swim School.
Please respect other patrons by not running, bombing, pushing, swearing or littering. Abusive or offensive behavior is not permitted.
Diving is considered to be dangerous and is only permitted in training situations.
All toddlers and babies who are not toilet trained must wear approved nappies.
People who have had diarrhea within the previous two weeks should not swim in a public pool.
All patrons are encouraged to shower thoroughly before entering the pool.
Recognised swim wear must be worn.
Lap Swimming Etiquette:
Swim to the left hand side of the lane.
Please swim in a lane appropriate to your swimming ability.
Pool staff reserve the right to move patrons to a different lane at any time based on the demand for individual lanes, the type of activity being undertaken or in the interests of safety.
Use of Change Rooms and Recording Devices:
School age children to use same gender change rooms or the family change room only.
No recording devices or mobile phones are to be used in the change rooms.
Whilst we encourage that you capture your child’s progress on camera, you must ensure that no child other than your own is included in the image or recording unless you have been given express permission by that child’s parent or guardian.
Under no circumstances can you upload pictures of other people’s children to social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, without the express permission of those children’s parents or guardian. To do so may be a violation of state and/or federal law.
NEPEAN AQUATIC CENTRE
PHONE 4730 8900
16-19 Lambridge Pl, Penrith
EVA BORY’S SWIM SCHOOL
PHONE 4728 8400
14 Bromley Rd, Emu Plains