Terms and Conditions
Class Payment Policy
1. Class payments are via direct debit and charged to your nominated account on the 1st Day of each month. Fees for the month are calculated based on the number of classes you have booked for that month multiplied by the applicable per class lesson fee.
2. Payments for classes booked in any of our School Holiday Programs or Camps must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
3. We are an accredited Active Kids and Creative Kids provider and accept both vouchers. Creative Kids vouchers can only be used for our “Paddles Super Camp”. Please email a copy of your voucher to email@example.com or drop into reception.
4. Valid bank account or credit card details for your direct debit are required at the time of confirming your booking along with a minimum payment equal to the first two weeks of class fees.
5. To avoid the direct debit payment process, all classes for the following month must be paid in full by the last day of the previous month. Payments can be made by cash or EFTPOS at the front desk or by EFTPOS over the phone. This will place your account into credit and the direct debit run won’t take effect.
6. After confirming your booking, if you need to defer your start date you will be charged for the missed classes and make up tokens will be added to your account for the number classes missed. Make up tokens can be used to book a makeup class at a future date.
7. Your class bookings are perpetual meaning you retain your position in the program until we are notified to the contrary. If you decide to leave the program, it is your responsibility to permanently cancel your bookings before the end of the current month. Once fees are generated, you are booked in for the new month and must pay the fees owing. Requests for permanent cancellation can done via a request through the customer portal or app or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. There are no refunds for classes missed due to change of mind, sickness, your unavailability, or unplanned pool closures.
9. If at any time you are refused entry to a class due to unpaid fees, you will be given the opportunity to do a makeup class once your fees have been paid in full.
1. Classes must be cancelled via our customer portal or app or over the phone or at the front desk with a minimum of 30 minutes notice in advance of your scheduled class start time to be eligible for a makeup token. If you are eligible for a makeup token, it will be credited to your child’s account once the scheduled lesson has been completed. (Excludes the Achievers Program).
2. Makeup tokens are valid for 90 days and can be used to book a makeup class at a time and day of your choosing. Makeups can be booked at either Nepean Aquatic Centre or Eva Bory’s Swimming School regardless of which pool your attend for your regular class. Make up classes can only be booked while you have an active booking in our program and have no outstanding fees.
3. If a class cannot be attended due to an unplanned pool closure as a result of (but not limited to) emergencies, power outages, inclement weather, plant and equipment breakdowns, or government directives under the public health act, a makeup token will be credited to your account for each pre-paid class missed during the closure. Achievers Program customers are entitled to a credit under these circumstances.
4. Makeup tokens credited to your account due to an event outlined in paragraph 3 will be valid for six months from the day lessons resume after the closure. An active booking in our program is not required to book a makeup lesson in this instance.
5. Makeups are booked in classes (other than your regular class) where space is available. We offer no guarantees that a makeup will be available in a class on a day, time or with an instructor of your choosing.
6. Please note if you have booked a makeup in a class which subsequently receives a permanent booking, we reserve the right to reschedule your makeup booking.
Terms & Conditions – General:
It is a condition of entry to establishments operated by Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd that you agree to abide by the rules of entry and have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions and Payment & Cancelation Policies. Also you must abide by all warning notices that are displayed at our facilities.
All children must be supervised at all times by an adult whilst visiting our facilities.
Non toilet trained toddlers must wear an aqua nappy or similar whilst they are in the water. If an accident does occur or if a child is sick the parent / guardian of the child is responsible for cleaning up any such accidents.
Glass bottles and containers are not to be brought into the pool area and please use the rubbish bins provided.
In case of an emergency, please follow the instructions from one of our staff. Please note your nearest exit.
Please ensure that all valuables are secured. We accept no responsibility for any loss. Motor vehicles are parked at your own risk whilst visiting our facilities.
Absolutely no running anywhere within the centres. Exercise caution when walking in all wet areas.
Children not involved in a lesson or organized session are not permitted to be in the water, including on stairs, ramps and ledges. Also do not place children attending swimming lessons in the water until the scheduled start of your lesson and only when the instructor is in the water and finished with the children from the previous class.
If you, your child or other person who is in your care or control has a medical condition which may involve increased risk by being engaged in swimming or associated activity including but not limited to illness or conditions such as epilepsy, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes or pregnancy that a medical clearance be obtained by the entrant that it is safe to involve themselves in this recreational activity, and that the applicant has sought that advice and has approved your involvement in this recreational activity.
A condition of entry to our facilities requires that the entrant recognises that there are risks involved and associated with swimming and water related activities and that Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd, its servants and/or agents shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or occasioned by yourself, your children or those persons in your care and control as a consequence of entry upon our premises and/or the use of any facilities, equipment or programs within our premises or adjacent areas. This disclaimer of liability extends to Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty Ltd, its servants and/or agents to the extent permitted by law.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Any changes will be displayed in a notice at reception.
Nepean Aquatic Centre & Eva Borys Swim School Birthday Party Terms, Conditions and Rules:
Our birthday party terms, conditions and rules have been prepared in line with The Royal Life Saving Society’s Guidelines for Safe Pool Operations, Australian Standard AS 3533.4.5: 2017 (Amusement rides and devices – Specific requirements for waterborne inflatables), Safe Work Australia, internal risk assessments and requirements under our public liability policy.
Set up for party is only 15 minutes before and pack down is 15 minutes at closure of party.
1. A birthday party booking will not be confirmed until the Terms, Conditions and Rules have been accepted by the party host and a $100.00 deposit has been paid. ** All bookings are secured by a $100 deposit to be paid at the time of the booking, either over phone via Visa/master card or over customer app. If the party is cancelled within 14 days of the party date, then the deposit is non-refundable, otherwise a $50 refund applies. All amounts paid in excess of the booking deposit will be refunded in the case of a cancelation. The balance is due 7 days prior to the day of your party.**
2. It is a condition of entry to an establishment operated by Nepean Swim & Fitness Pty. Ltd. That you agree to abide by the rules of entry and have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions and the warning notices displayed at the entry to this facility.
3. If you, your child or other person who is in your care or control has a medical condition which may involve increased risk by being engaged in swimming or any associated activity including but not limited to illnesses or conditions such as epilepsy, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes or pregnancy that a medical clearance be obtained by the entrant that it is safe to involve themselves in this recreational activity, and that the applicant has sought that advice and has approved your involvement in this recreational activity.
4. A condition of entry to this facility requires that the entrant recognises that there are risks involved and associated with swimming and water related activities and that Nepean Swim and Fitness Pty Ltd, its servants and/or agents shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or occasioned by yourself, your children or those persons in your care and control as a consequence of entry upon these premises and/or the use of any facilities, equipment or programs.
5. In case of an emergency, please follow the instructions from one of our staff. Please note your nearest exit.
6. Please ensure that you secure all your valuables. We accept no responsibility for any loss. Motor vehicles are parked at your own risk whilst visiting this facility.
7. Absolutely no running anywhere within the centre. Exercise caution when walking in all wet areas.
8. Diving into the pool is not allowed at any time.
9. The maximum number of guests allowed in the water any one time is 40. If our staff determine that there are more than 40 people in the water, they will liaise with the party host to ensure that the number of guests in the water is reduced to the maximum of 40. At the Lifeguard’s sole discretion, they can request that all guests vacate the pool whilst they perform a head count.
10. Although we will have staff members on site for the duration of your party, the supervision of guests at your party is your responsibility at all times.
11. It is the responsibility of the party host to communicate these terms, conditions, and rules to other guests at your party. A pdf copy of these terms, conditions, and rules as well as a link to the terms, conditions and rules on our website will be provided in your party confirmation email.
12. Prior to entering the water at the commencement of the party, guests will be required to listen to our compulsory safety briefing.
13. Non-swimmers must always have a responsible person over the age of 16 in the water with them and within arm’s reach at all times. If a lifeguard determines that there is a non-swimmer in the water who is not being supervised at arm’s reach, they will ask for the child to be taken out of the water. A non-swimmer is defined as a child who cannot swim independently without the assistance of a floatation device.
14. Under these terms and conditions, a child who cannot stand with their head above water is also subject to the same arm’s reach supervision requirements as a non-swimmer in clause 13.
15. All swimmers (apart from non-swimmers) must have a responsible person close by, maintaining constant visual contact and be prepared to act. A responsible person can either be the child’s guardian or in their absence, the party host.
16. Parents who are supervising children in the water should not be on their phone or other mobile device.
17. The lap pool at Nepean Aquatic Centre is closed to all guests of the birthday party.
18. Party guests must follow the following pool inflatable rules which will also be on display at the entrance to the inflatable:
A. Guests will be asked to remove jewellery, watches etc if they are deemed to pose a risk of damaging the slide.
B. Always follow instructions from staff.
C. At the Lifeguards sole discretion, guests may be suspended from using the pool inflatable for not following rules or directions.
D. Height restrictions apply. Guests who do not meet the height restrictions will not be able to use the inflatable.
E. Line up at the entry of the inflatable and wait for directions from staff before entering.
F. Guests must not run, dive headfirst or launch themselves aggressively onto the inflatable.
G. Only 3 people on the inflatable at any time. The Lifeguard will direct when guests can enter the inflatable.
H. Users must proceed in one direction only – towards slide end of the inflatable.
I. Only one person to go down the slide section at any one time.
J. Do not slide unless the landing area is clear.
K. Swimmers not using the slide must remain outside of the slide’s roped off section.
L. No sliding headfirst.
M. No swimming under the pool inflatable.
N. Users must sit on the slide section and slide feet first only.
O. No standing on the slide section.
P. No diving or jumping off the slide – it is dangerous!
Q. No pushing or rough play allowed on the slide.
R. Users must not rock or attempt to lift the inflatable in an attempt to dislodge other users.
S. Once you have completed the slide section or if you fall off the pool inflatable at any time, proceed directly to the nearest side of the sectioned off area and exit the pool.
T. Do not attempt to remove or loosen the slide’s stabilizing ropes or interfere with the fan/blower.
U. The pool inflatable will be temporarily closed or removed by our staff if there are repeated breaches of the pool inflatable rules.
19. Non toilet trained toddlers must wear an aqua nappy or similar whilst they are in the water. If an accident does occur or if a child is sick, the parent/guardian of the child is responsible for cleaning up any such accidents.
20. If there is a vomit or faecal contamination incident in the pool, we are required to follow NSW Health Department protocols which can include a temporary closure of the pool or the pool to be closed for the remainder of the party. In this instance, the party can continue around the pool deck or in the party room at Nepean Aquatic Centre our around the pool deck and outdoors at Eva Bory’s Swimming School. The lap pool at Nepean Aquatic Centre cannot be used as an alternative.
21. At the Lifeguards sole discretion, any guests who continue with unsafe, boisterous, or unruly behaviour will be asked to leave the water.
22. You are welcome to fully cater your party yourself, bringing all food and/or drinks into the venue. Please note, no glass containers or bottles are allowed inside the venue for safety reasons. Consumption of alcohol during the party is discouraged in line with water safety recommendations. A cleaning fee of $50.00 applies if a glass container is smashed anywhere in the venue.
23. At Nepean Aquatic centre, decorations in the Visitor’s Room can only be placed on windows. Do not place decorations on painted surfaces at either centre. Please use blu-tack only to put up decorations, no sticky tape.
24. Please remove all rubbish associated with your party. Garbage bags are available at Reception and there is an industrial bin on site. If the waste bin is locked, waste must be left alongside the bin. General waste must not be placed in the recycling bin. An additional cleaning fee of $50.00 applies if rubbish relating to your party is not removed and placed in or next to the industrial waste bin.
25. Abusive, threatening, or intimidating behaviour towards staff by any attendee of the party will not be tolerated and will result in the party being terminated.
26. Refunds or partial refunds are not available for any time lost due to a breach of the party terms, conditions, and rules or if there is a vomit or faecal contamination incident in the pool.
27. We recommend that you communicate these terms and conditions with your party guests. A laminated copy of these terms and conditions will be available for you to review on the day of your party.
Terms & Conditions – Conditions of Entry:
Risk and Responsibility:
You must only swim where you are medically and physically fit and able to swim.
In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines all children under 6 years and non swimmers are to be within arm’s reach of the supervising adult at all times.
In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines, any child under the age of 10 years will not be permitted entry to the pool without the continuous supervision of a responsible person over the age of 16 years.
Pool Staff are an important safety feature, but they cannot and do not replace the close supervision of a parent or guardian.
During certain sessions, Nepean Aquatic Centre and Eva Bory’s Swim Centre will operate under Royal Life Saving Society’s “low patronage guidelines”. There will be no roving lifeguards on duty during these “low patronage” sessions.
Prohibited Use / Items:
No bottles, glassware or metal utensils are to be brought into the pool area.
No alcohol or drugs or persons suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are permitted on the premises.
No bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc are to be ridden in pool grounds. No pets are permitted in the centre, with the exception of guide dogs.
Only persons approved by the centre are permitted to conduct swimming lessons, coaching sessions, hydrotherapy sessions, personal training sessions or any other aquatic or land based activities deemed to be in direct competition to sessions or activities offered by Nepean Aquatic Centre and Eva Bory’s Swim School.
Please respect other patrons by not running, bombing, pushing, swearing or littering. Abusive or offensive behavior is not permitted.
Diving is considered to be dangerous and is only permitted in training situations.
All toddlers and babies who are not toilet trained must wear approved nappies.
People who have had diarrhea within the previous two weeks should not swim in a public pool.
All patrons are encouraged to shower thoroughly before entering the pool.
Recognised swim wear must be worn.
Lap Swimming Etiquette:
Swim to the left hand side of the lane.
Please swim in a lane appropriate to your swimming ability.
Pool staff reserve the right to move patrons to a different lane at any time based on the demand for individual lanes, the type of activity being undertaken or in the interests of safety.
Use of Change Rooms and Recording Devices:
School age children to use same gender change rooms or the family change room only.
No recording devices or mobile phones are to be used in the change rooms.
Whilst we encourage that you capture your child’s progress on camera, you must ensure that no child other than your own is included in the image or recording unless you have been given express permission by that child’s parent or guardian.
Under no circumstances can you upload pictures of other people’s children to social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, without the express permission of those children’s parents or guardian. To do so may be a violation of state and/or federal law.
NEPEAN AQUATIC CENTRE
PHONE 4730 8900
16-19 Lambridge Pl, Penrith
EVA BORY’S SWIM SCHOOL
PHONE 4728 8400
14 Bromley Rd, Emu Plains